2020 Plate fees?

Vexar

CA has something coming if you buy an EV as a 2020 model year, but older EVs are somehow exempt.  I think the problem with the road usage fees in California is that when it snows (and believe me, there are parts of this state that see several feet of snow in a weekend), they are using lit incense sticks to melt the snow instead of road salt.  The mountainous regions all smell like patchouli and sandalwood in the winter.  There was a proposition to switch to an evergreen blend, but that was defeated due to special concerns over deforestation required to produce the oils.

2 hours ago, Vexar said:

"they are using lit incense sticks to melt the snow instead of road salt."

Documentation? because this makes no sense to me! I've heard of using different brine's or juices to cut down on the amount of salt used but I can tell you right now that water beats fire

On 12/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, Aaron M said:

Documentation? because this makes no sense to me! I've heard of using different brine's or juices to cut down on the amount of salt used but I can tell you right now that water beats fire

Caught you!  It's a joke, Aaron. 

California mostly has no plan when it comes to snow and ice.  They have plows in the mountains and that's about it.  During the snow in the Angeles Mountains (Tejon Pass), they had Highway Patrol lead groups of cars through the mountain over Thanksgiving, and they frequently close roads. 

7 hours ago, Aaron M said:

You sure do get elaborate in your BS so much that I felt like you were delusional LOL

In my defense, California sessions do attract some really wacky ideas and have been doing so since before I was around. 

Also, there was a significant Sandalwood fire this year, which sparked the original humbug, actually.  

Thanks for the compliment.  Amusement is my medium as an artist.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, Aaron M said:

According to one of my co-workers, it would be sage and not incense.

• Haha 1