EVE for Tesla app

Patrick O'Neill

Bought an app (myQ) for my garage door. Works great. Said I can interface with my M3 by using the EVE for Tesla App. $50/yr and it'll let you create a new dashboard(s) and do all sorts of great things: give the weather, turn up the heat, turn off the lights, turn on the lights, make coffee, fluff your pillow, cut and light your cigars (old schoolers) and tell your partner you're sorry. What's not to like? The app spends a lot of time saying how simple and easy it is, but Elon as my witness, it's death by 10,000 cuts. Does anyone have any experience with this app? I'm dying here, and need someone/something to tell my wife I'm sorry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Pat

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted it to open and close my garage door as I come and go. I know Tesla has an add-on that will do the same thing for about $300+ bucks...seemed like a lot of money...especially when my wife says, "you mean to tell me that you're so lazy that you can't even push a button?!"

She doesn't know about this EVE thing...I"m gonna keep it that way for now...

Here's the link:

https://teslaapps.net/en/

I'll keep plugging away at it (late at night, after my wife's gone to bed) to see if I can get it to work.

I'll let you know what I find.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update on EVE for Tesla software (https://teslaapps.net/en/). It's a web program designed to interface some of your Smart Home devices with  your Tesla, as well as an enhanced webpage to give you pertinent information. It has a free version for basic stuff and a $50/yr version for more whistles and bells. I paid the $50 bucks in October 2020 and have to say I'm terribly disappointed. The set-up has failed on every attempt with both the basic and the paid version. Customer support is literally non-existent...there's nobody home...........nobody..............crickets.

At this point, I'm not sure if this is/was a legitimate company or a complete scam....caveat emptor. Anyway, I wanted to throw that out there as my experience. If anyone has a different, or more successful experience, please let me know.

In the meantime, I had a small memorial for my $50.

• 1 month later...