Version 2019.28.1

Linking a Key to a Driver Profile

You can now link a specific key to a driver profile to allow your car to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected next to the driver's door. To link a key to the current driver profile, tap the profile icon next to the desired key in the Controls > Locks screen. Once linked, the associated profile name is displayed below the key name. Tapping the profile icon again unlinks the key.

Chess

Play Chess against your passenger or challenge four different levels of artificial intelligence. move by dragging and dropping the chess piece during your turn. As with all Tesla Arcade games, you can play when your car is in PARK by tapping the Application Launcher, then tap the Arcade icon and select your desired game from the menu.

Beach Buggy Racing 2 - Game Controller Support

You can now play Beach Buggy Racing 2: Tesla Edition with up to 2 USB game controllers for 2 players. Simply plug the controllers into one of your car's front USB ports and launch Beach Buggy Racing 2 by tapping the Tesla Arcade icon in the Application Launcher while your car is in PARK. Note: Controller behavior may vary depending on make and model.

Media Volume Improvements

To make it easier to speak when dropping off or picking up passengers, music volume will be lowered when any door is opened. Additionally, while your phone is paired to Bluetooth media, the audio volume will match the vehicle's volume level regardless of your phone volume settings.

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.

Version 2019.28.2

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes

Version 2019.28.3.1

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes

View full page

18 hours ago, James Custer said:

I hope this fixes the laggy Slacker issue...

I haven't had that issue.

Wonder if it is HW2 vs HW2.5 issue.

Is this something that wasn't there and showed up via later revisions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, James Custer said:

It's been happening to me since at least the beginning of 2019.24.x.

Exactly why on HW 1.0 I am not updating.  They aren't doing full testing any more.  It's neat to have the car improve over time until they don't bother to test if it works.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Vexar said:

Exactly why on HW 1.0 I am not updating.  They aren't doing full testing any more.  It's neat to have the car improve over time until they don't bother to test if it works.

you know you have other reasons not to update and it really isn't about the testing.

Things get better all the time but there are hiccups. I feel their test pool is a little too small and the lack of NDA enforcement just means more and more people posting about the *problems* they are having.

They made their bed..

On 8/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Vexar said:

I figured out the circumstances in which this is happening. It's because I have the Tesla Cam and MCU1. During map tile updates the MCU gets taxed too much. I think they fixed the issue in the latest firmware (2019.28.3.1) with more efficient codecs that don't tax the MCU as much.

2 hours ago, mike said:

you know you have other reasons not to update and it really isn't about the testing.

Things get better all the time but there are hiccups. I feel their test pool is a little too small and the lack of NDA enforcement just means more and more people posting about the *problems* they are having.

They made their bed..

Yeah, the range killer on the older models.  I mean, the only update they do for the older vehicles is to avoid paying out the battery warranty, come on!

19 hours ago, mike said:

uh, no, and you know it.

Sorry.  Only useful update.  I know.  Karaoke mode, more gamerz, etc.  Remember: I have no autopilot. and the oldest MCU they make.  Out of curiosity, what, in 2019, do you think I've missed out on? 

8 hours ago, Vexar said:

Sorry.  Only useful update.  I know.  Karaoke mode, more gamerz, etc.  Remember: I have no autopilot. and the oldest MCU they make.  Out of curiosity, what, in 2019, do you think I've missed out on? 

All of the new things. Literally.

There's even a spot to hold your neckbeard in that software update you have missed.

• Haha 3