MSP Auto Partners

RyFreddy

Hey gang!

I’m a soon-to-be owner of a brand new Model Y next month!  As such, I’m also making a list of things to purchase and modify (floor liners, console tray, window tint, etc.). Down the road, I’m also interested in powder coating my brake calipers and maybe the Gemini wheels.

Curious what experience the forum members have with auto shops across the twin cities! Who has done a great job with tint, powder coating, etc.? Any insights would be great, as well as any “must haves” or accessories/items to consider.

Thanks!

Ryan

• 1 month later...

Hi Ryan,

Hope you're enjoying your new Model Y and it was delivered on time as scheduled. I don't have any personal experience with powder coating or the Gemini wheels so others will need to chime in.

The "local favorite go-to" tinting shop is Tint Pros. They've worked on a lot of Tesla vehicles in Minnesota.

As far as accessories, I personally like my TuxMat floor liners out of Canada. They have tall side wrap-around protection.

- Matt

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 12:03 AM, RyFreddy said:

Hey gang!

I’m a soon-to-be owner of a brand new Model Y next month!  As such, I’m also making a list of things to purchase and modify (floor liners, console tray, window tint, etc.). Down the road, I’m also interested in powder coating my brake calipers and maybe the Gemini wheels.

Curious what experience the forum members have with auto shops across the twin cities! Who has done a great job with tint, powder coating, etc.? Any insights would be great, as well as any “must haves” or accessories/items to consider.

Thanks!

Ryan

I have Tesla floor mats (front/rear row seat floor mats, front trunk mats, and rear seat backrest anti kick mats) that claim to be suitable for the 2020-2023 model year, so they may be worth a look.

I am very satisfied with its coverage, fit, comfortable rubber texture, and easy to clean, making them look like new. The first thing I did was to give them a layer of 303 aerospace protective agent, and from then on, I used a vacuum cleaner and a damp cloth to wipe them clean.

After 9 months and 10000 miles, they look as good as new. The simple groove/channel pattern and material of Tesery mats are more conducive to maintaining a new appearance than Weather Tech.