Snow tires

Eric Foster

Trying to figure out my best bet for getting and installing snow tires.  Since I live on the East Side of St. Paul, I'd prefer to do it somewhere more local to me than E.P.  Does anyone have experience, positive or negative, with getting tires from local shops?  Is there anything complicated about installing them on a Tesla that would make me hesitate to use a local shop?  Anything else I should look out for?

Eric, I just updated the new Tesla Vehicle Services Wiki page with several more tire shop recommendations. Besides my additions, there are many more local options including Discount Tire that other Tesla owners have used.

If you want to avoid drive a long ways, maybe try a tire shop that comes out to you such as M&K Tire? I heard when Tesla E.P.  got swamped with snow tire swap requests, they called M&K to make tire deliveries. Tesla recommended!

17 hours ago, Eric Foster said:

Trying to figure out my best bet for getting and installing snow tires.  Since I live on the East Side of St. Paul, I'd prefer to do it somewhere more local to me than E.P.  Does anyone have experience, positive or negative, with getting tires from local shops?  Is there anything complicated about installing them on a Tesla that would make me hesitate to use a local shop?  Anything else I should look out for?

Are you looking at doing tires or full wheels (tires+rims+TPMS)?