Model 3 pedestrian noise

Jessica

This is kind of a joke to me, at low speeds most modern day cars are just as quiet as an EV yet they are not required to be louder. Other than coming up behind someone in a parking lot I have yet to encounter someone that doesn't notice me that is not already preoccupied with their cell phone.

A sign that I'm tired today. I thought I wrote "what milling noise" and then wrote another post to "fix" it. I'm going to blame it on the excitement of last night. 

I have had several different noises in my S, though one was actually a soon to fail linkage bar (I think; brain is tired) that had way too much movement in it. That's one thing I like about working with Pavel is that he will show me the actual part that has failed and explained why it's had to be replaced.

16 hours ago, Jessica said:

A sign that I'm tired today. I thought I wrote "what milling noise" and then wrote another post to "fix" it. I'm going to blame it on the excitement of last night. 

Which suggested something funny, though; implies that it's making multiple noises, as many of them now are.   

The milling noise is the high whine when you use the accelerator.  Ask Pavel.

Edited by Vexar
Additional thoughts

3 hours ago, Vexar said:

Which suggested something funny, though; implies that it's making multiple noises, as many of them now are.   

The milling noise is the high whine when you use the accelerator.  Ask Pavel.

I was in fact trying to be funny. I currently don't have any odd noises when I drive. 

2 hours ago, Jessica said:

I could also just put random things in my trunk to make noise.

Funny! At various times in the past year I’ve heard something, and thought, “Oh no! A noise! What broke?” So far it has turned out each time to be something rolling around in the trunk, glovebox, or floor. 

3 hours ago, PaulJ said:

Funny! At various times in the past year I’ve heard something, and thought, “Oh no! A noise! What broke?” So far it has turned out each time to be something rolling around in the trunk, glovebox, or floor. 

Ha! Yeah, that's always fun because it is so quiet. Of course, after one of those massive storms this past May, I heard sloshing in the "smuggler's hold". That was less than fun.